Monday, October 17, 2011

New Dermatologist!

Ladies who Lunch


*I fit in a pair of jeans that did not fit in the summer! Woot!*

I finally had my appointment today with Dr. Duke in Mystic, CT. She is THE best skin doctor in the state by golly. If you can remember (cause I cant), I scheduled an appointment to be a new patient back in the Spring/Summer. Today was the day. I picked a cute black and white outfit with black flats, my fanciest purse and my hair down my back. It is a good thing I did. I think my self consciousness would have shown through if I had not. Every woman patient was dressed to the 9s. They are those rich bitches that get botox in the morning and then have a ladies lunch afterward. So I didnt fit into the square peg but my ass was big enough to cover the hole.
  It was a quick visit because I really do not have anything going on right now. Well I do have skin tags on my neck but insurance does not cover that...it is like $100 to burn them all off. Maybe after Christmas I will do that for my birthday.
She was very nice. Big smile on her face. I like her. She explained about skin cancer and gave me a informative pamphlet. She did an upper body check..I nixed the lower cause I am dealing with MaryMary this week.
 I love Mystic. It is a beautiful place. My parents used to take me there all the time when I was young. It is on the water. There are tall ships. It just feels New Englandy. I guess you could say the same about my city also. Anyhoo..after my appointment was over and I forked over the $25 co-pay, I was on a mission. I pointed the car in the total opposite direction of Mystic to get to the cider mill. Sweet Cider, dozen sugary cider donuts, and one cored and cut Mcintosh apple with caramel poured onto top for Natalie.
I am home now. It is time to change into my frumpy clothes again. I have so much housework to fucking do. I get no help..you know my song of woe..i do not have to sing it for you.
 Oh! I did season sorting yesterday in my room and I decided to try stuff on. OMG! I found clothes that did not fit me last winter that fit perfectly now. I found jeans that I bought in the summer that I could not even dream of buttoning..I can button them! Granted I am squeezed a bit and I would never sport a camel toe..so those pants need me to lose a bit more weight. I am so happy. I do realize that I need to buy some jeans at Sally`s. I do not have that many pairs of good long jeans.
So yeah! I have no scale but I have lost weight cause clothes are fitting.Woot!

My nose ring is being a pain in the ass. It keeps going back into my nose. I was told to keep cleaning it, take Advil for the swelling, and eventually that shit will stop. I hope so. I wake up in the morning and I have to push the earring through a film of smegma and skin. Sounds appetizing huh? I still love the little fucker. It looks good on me. I used to think it wouldn't and that was part of the reason why I never did it. I am glad I did.
What kind of person am I turning into? Long hair. Nose ring. Tattoos. Driving a Jeep.  Allowing pot smoking in my area. I am just laid back. I do have my hangups but otherwise i think I am growing into this new person that I have become in my 40s. I haven't decided if I like her yet. :)

Okay enough of my weirdness. I still have not changed my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment