Sunday, March 4, 2012

It feels like Spring.

Pretty Painful Dresses
*267*

  Yesterday I deadheaded a couple bushes, pulled out my chive pot, and moved some other larger pots out into the light on the patio out back. I am going to be growing many plum tomato plants this year for canning. I am going to can tomato sauce for the winter. I want to make paste too but I am going to have to look that up. Today is just as gloomy as yesterday and a bit colder. I am thinking I am going to go on shit patrol. That is always fun, huh? Walk around your yard with a rake, a shovel and a garbage bag. There are alot of things to do but there is only me so we will see how far I get today before the cold, rain, or my muscles tell me to stop.
 Gardening started for me when I was young. We lived in a large house with three apartments. The landlady and landlord lived downstairs. They allowed my dad a portion of land on the side of the house to garden. Plus we had a ton of houseplants. It just came natural to me. I have learned and read along the way but there are some things that I cannot grown like African violets and Oriental Poppies. I want a big swath of Poppies but those damn things will NOT grow for me. Stubborn bitches!
   For years, I was happy with working my house plants but I needed more ground. When we saw this house, I was more entranced by the yard then the house itself. The yards sold me. I have been here 14 years and have not done as much as should have but i have changed the way the landscape looks. I want to do more but that will come with time and money.
 I love this time of year. It makes me thoroughly happy.

1 comment: