Sunday, March 11, 2012

Being a dutiful housewife sucks butt


*267*

That commercial cracked me the hell up!

I woke up with a crick in my neck and middle shoulder area. Feels like I slept with my shoulders scrunched up all night. I want to work at the community garden but i am not sure that will happen.

 Hey! Did you remember to Spring your Clocks ahead? I just let the computer, cellphones, and cable box tell me the time until I lazily get around the changing the rest. I used to enjoy the ritual of changing the clocks. It was like YES! I can change the time, change the batteries on the smoke detectors, and dust! I was a sick individual back then. Now I know better. Fuck it. I will get to it when I get to it. I do change the smoke detectors and that will happen after the Vicoden kicks in for my neck.
 Fred worked yesterday and also today. That means I have to be a nice wife, cook a full course dinner, and drive it to him hot so that he does not have to eat cafeteria food at work. I do not mind doing it at all except for the cooking, packing, and driving across town to deliver it. hahaha
Does anyone else do that? Do they drive food to their spouse so they can have a home cooked meal for dinner? Oh and the spouse works 2nd shift so YOUR dinner is interrupted so you can give them theirs?
Yup that is what I do. And I may bitch and complain about it but I will always do it cause I love him to bits. I know, sappy shit!
When I was younger, I did all those housework horseshit because it was my job. He worked two jobs so that I could stay home with the girls when they were young. I did not mind it. But now that I am 43 years old and those kids are adults, I am kind of hating all this Suzy Homemaker crap. I wish they would take over. But they wont, dammit! I look at all the mess and know that it is all mine! MINE!
 I guess I will keep playing the Powerball to win the big time so I can have a maid come in twice a week.
That would be heaven.

2 comments:

  1. No, I have never done this. Probably because everyone is home by dinner time. In circumstances like yours, I might do it occasionally, but then I work outside the home too, so, probably not.

    What did you bring Fred for dinner last night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night he got to come home early but I did roast chicken breasts for quesadillas. Saturday night I brought him home made meat sauce over spaghetti, garlic bread, and two cut up oranges.
    Gotta give him a fruit or veg there some place. I do not do it all week long because he can eat there some days. But usually end of the week (wednesday and thursday) and weekends he gets home cooking at work.

    Once I made a huge lasagna here and I fed him and his friend Jill. So as you can tell, he is not being picky. The food sucks!

    ReplyDelete