Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden update

Front bed
*277*

Nice cool day today. I went and picked weeds, transplanted some beets, and picked some veggies. I thought I would share the beds progress so far. Broccoli is getting really big in the far left corner of this bed.

Second bed. 
Lots of tomatoes in this bed. I also have basil growing nice and large. There is an eggplant also growing. Everything is doing exceedingly well.

Husk Cherry Tomatoes
This is an unusal tomato plant called a Husk cherry tomato. It is kind of like a tomatillo. Here is information on it. I had never heard of it and Chelsea gave me one to plant. It is growing really well. I have to read up on it to find out when I know I can harvest.
I have three other heirloom tomatoes growing also. I love my funky weird looking tomatoes. LOL

  
Thai Basil
This is Thai Basil. I bought it at a fancy plant sale last month. There are three plants growing and doing very well. I have learned that it has a licorice taste and smell. I will have to look up some recipes for it.


This is a form of dark bell pepper plant. I think it was called Black Beauty but I also think I might be wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see. I found a stray tomato plant growing in the beds. I have no idea if it was from last year or came with the compost. I dug it up and gave it a better place to grow. We shall see what happens.

I harvested Bibb lettuce, Arugula, sugar snap peas and radishes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment