Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011






Natalie was already in school (she was 7 yrs old) and I had just dropped off Chelsea at middle school (she was 12 yrs old). I was sitting here in the diningroom. I was drinking coffee at the table and listening to the classical music station, contemplating what I was going to do that morning.  The radio station cut in to tell about the first plane. Reports were said that it was a tragic accident. Then the second plane hit...

I went and picked my children up from school early (i was not the only one) and then I sat in front of the tv watching the raw videos. I immersed myself in it. The terror of it all washed over me until I was saturated. I know now that doing that was stupid. But I think it was very necessary.  I had been out of work for a bit because I was not feeling so great. In the coming two weeks, I was supposed to go to NYC to see my Dr. She is the one that would diagnose me as having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.  I was so afraid to go. But my job made me. I had to get the courage and strength to see her and deal with the fresh fear of the city. I went and I am glad that I did. I love NYC. I never wanted this disgusting act to ruin something that I truly enjoy.

I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment