Saturday, September 24, 2011

RIP Mac

*266*

I should have known when I saw Chelsea had completely turned off the computer last night that something was wrong. My Mac desktop is dead. It comes on and you can browse for like 5-10 and then this pain in the ass colored circle comes on the screen. Usually it would go away but now it wont and you cannot close out the browser to start all over again. You cannot do anything. You have to turn the computer completely off. So yeah, it is dead.
I have this Dell laptop that our friend gave us. We are all going to have to use it and some people are not going to be happy. It was given to ME. But someone thinks it is theirs. You have to basically wrestle it out of her hands to get to use it. Sorry bub. We have no other options but phone. You all are NOT going to take over this computer and leave me with nothing. I forbid that shit.
I guess I will get more housework done huh?
 A replacement desktop Mac will be $1200-1400. If I wanted to be spiffy and get a Mac Book Pro (laptop) then that is $1400-1800. As you can tell from my writings, I do not have a pot to piss in. I do have a window to throw it out of though! LOL
So there will be no new computer in this house for some time. I do not want to sound like a snob but we like Apple computers. We like the fact that you do not get viruses. I want that again. She lived 4 years. That is a good run.
I am sounding all sad.
Frankly, I am. So many things have been coming up and NOW the computer dies. I was able to save all my pics and paperwork on the external hard drive. Yay! I hope Chelsea gets the chance to do the same.

This sucks! Really. I keep staring at it but that does not mean it will make it all better. Cant fix it because it will cost too much (i already know).

Okay..back to life. I guess I can wash some floors or some stupid shit like that.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I should send flowers. Sorry for you loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad really. I remember when I bought it. I was not home when the box came to be delivered. The girls propped it up on the table staring at it. They did not know if they should open it or wait for me. LOL

    We oohed and ahhhed over all the new gadgets we had never seen before.
    I will get another one and it will not take me forever dammit!
    Apple is selling refurbished for $800-1000

    ReplyDelete