Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rainy Wednesday


*270*

It is raining. It started yesterday. Remnants of TS Lee. It is a good thing because the system will most likely push Hurricane Katia out to sea. Yay Lee!  It is giving me pain though. I am not enjoying that part. I am a human barometer when storms come around. I feel like shit in the back and right leg where my sciatica was. Today will be a slow assed day.
 Rainy days are good for two things: Cleaning OR sleeping. I have been doing way too much sleeping lately and not enough cleaning. I need to rectify that situation.  Autumn is fast approaching and I need to get down and dirty with the cleaning. I told Natalie I would pay her handsomely to help me. Baseboards need to be brushed out, the boards that cover them need to be wiped down, windows need to be washed before we cover them. It is always a big production. If I have her help, it will not take as long...like late November...when the cold Winter wind is blowing into the room while I desperately try to get the plastic on the windows. NO! I want to get shit done before I go to Philly in the first week of November! I do not want to have to worry that they are cold while I am having fun.

  I am already starting to think ahead because Fall is my favorite time of year. I have decided that I am NOT decorating for Halloween this year. No more going all out. Kids do not come down our street anymore. Last year, I got one kid. ONE! So I will do the mum plants and I will still carve pumpkins (I love to carve pumpkins), my Halloween flag and maybe something on the door but that is it. No more lanterns, blow up yard things, torches, and spiderweb shit. I am done! You all hear me?
I will put the Halloween back up when I have some grandchildren to decorate for.
 I have worked on our household budget. If I can follow it and be very vigilant with the money, I will actually be able to save some of our money even though we are losing $500 a month. This month`s check for Natalie will be the last one. I was kind of flirty with the idea of giving her the $90 (it is $490) as a gift for being a grown up..hehehe But I think I will hold it. She wants a tat for her birthday in October and I am going to need every fucking penny.
She will be 18. My baby will be an adult. Now it is time for her to really think about what she going to do with her life. But not today. Today is a raining day. More of a nap and eat kind of day....

No comments:

Post a Comment