Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am sad today

Marion (2nd), Fred (1st), Kevin (4th)

*266*<---that is what the scale at home says right now. I wish it were true.

I should be happy today. Cooler Fall weather is coming and I went to the family sale at Salvation Army and spent $8 on two tops and two pairs of pants. Cute Cute Cute! I paid some bills and mailed a package out to a friend. It was hot as hell today and I was sweating but it should still be a good day. But it isnt.
Fred found out that his blood sugar was high enough for the Dr. to prescribe him Metformin for diabetes. He has diabetes.  I called the office to find out if the Dr wants him to test his blood sugars and if so, he will need a meter and supplies. I feel badly but it was bound to happen. Both his Mother and his biological Father have Type 2 Diabetes. He does not eat as healthy as he should (neither do I).
 That picture was taken two years ago at his Mother`s 60th birthday party. His gut is not like that anymore. He does have a pudge but it has gone way down. He saw those pics and it really bothered him.  I am going to be a good wife and friend about this. He never ever hounded me about what I ate or did. He left my lifestyle and dietary choices totally up to me. I would have resented him if he had done otherwise. I will treat him in kind. I will tell him stuff he should avoid and stuff he can have, etc etc etc. Then push him out the nest. If he wants to continue to drink that sugary Ginger ale, it is none of my business. Some may think that I do not love him enough because I will not nag his ass to the ground about every single substance he puts into his body. Wow, long sentence! LOL
I love him forever and I have said that. I just feel when it comes to YOUR body, it is YOUR choice. Like people that decide to not do chemo and let the cancer take them, that is THEIR choice. Not yours.
  I will be pushing for him to see a nutritionist for a couple times or some classes to learn about food. He has the right to know everything.

So yeah, I should be in a good mood today..but I really am not. The girls and I were going to go out for pizza for dinner but I dont think I am in the mood at all.
Ho..hum
Oh..I am still freaking tired. Get this one. I slept all night on Monday, woke up at 11am, took a 2 hour nap from 4pm-6pm, and then fell to sleep at 11pm..and Fred woke my ass up at quarter to 10am this morning. I did not want to get up but he made me. He says I am sleeping too damn much. You think?
   I do not feel like I have not slept so it is not sleep apnea (i had that before and I know how that feels). I still think this is a symptom of something else.
I strained my back a week or so ago..it is getting better now. Every day feels a little bit better. I am not over doing it and I am not bending, stretching, or heavy lifting. My fat ass needs to get back to the gym. Chelsea says Why bother? You will never lose weight because you never follow through. Witch!

Going to go now and waste time on Tumblr!

1 comment:

  1. Fred has a nice smile. I live with a diabetic and newly diagnosed hiatal hernia. takes met-forman for something similar. He does most of the cooking. Has taken all the classes. I come home the other night he's miserable. Why? He made the boys polish sausage and thought he would get along with it ok because it was turkey. Guess he had to try. Runs out of the ant-acid today and doesn't go get more. Crips it's kind of like you can lead the horse to water but you can't make him drink. Kind of like the addict. Knows he should stop but can't and won't. I'm like you suggest the good choices and hope for the best. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete