Monday, February 20, 2012

I have been busy....

*264*

I have been taken over by a Young Adult series of books, The Hunger Games Trilogy (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, MockingJay).  Natalie and Chelsea have read the three books back in December. I bought the first one for Natalie for Christmas but it never got wrapped. The next week I bought the next two because THEY HAD TO HAVE THEM! LOL
 Then they bugged me about it. You have to read it. The movie is coming out in March. You have to read it. I had lost my reading way awhile back. I used to be a vorocious reader back in the day. Not so much anymore.
 So I decided I was going to finally read it but Natalie could not find book one in her room. So I went out this past Friday and picked up a copy. I read a little bit on Friday. Then I read a bit more Saturday afternoon. Then I got all my work done, had dinner, and read the rest of it. I finished at 5am Sunday morning. It has grabbed me so hard and shook me. I am rooting for Katniss and Gale! Or should it be Katniss and Peeta? I cannot decide.
I started reading book two (Catching Fire) last night. But I decided I was going to get some sleep. So I ended on Chapter 12 at midnight.  Since today is a holiday and nothing much to do, I will do some laundry and finish book two and go onto the final book in the Trilogy, MockingJay.  The movie comes out March 23, 2012.

Other then that, I have been paying bills, trying to clean house (bloody dog), and wishing for Spring. I bought some super thin asparagus at the store on Friday. I roasted it with olive oil and sea salt last night. Oh so good. I love it. And it does make me think that Spring is coming. Even if it is cold out today.  I have paid for our plots at the community garden this year, $20 for the two. I am going to build herb beds on the back patio this year. And slowly build veggie beds in the front of the house all spring and summer. Then in the fall, I will fill in with compost. Next year, I will not need the community garden anymore.I want to can much more foods this year. Not just jam and pickles. I want to grow several plum tomato plants in utility buckets out front. Then I am going to make and can tomato sauce. Lots and Lots of tomato sauce. I have to purchase another metal shelf for here so I can store all these canned delights also.
That will come when it comes.
I wish I could be a successful seed starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment