Friday, February 10, 2012

Eugene O`neill`s New London

Eugene and his wife Carlotta




I was looking for a nice picture of the Monte Cristo Cottage for the top of the blog when I stumbled upon this list.

Touring Eugene O`Neill`s New London

It shows places and streets that he frequented with old pictures and tidbits about my city. If you did not figure out already, the title of my blog is a riff of one of his plays, A Long days journey into night. And the picture of the house is the Monte Cristo cottage which was his childhood home.

I used to live in a building next to and I was right above the Dutch`s Tavern (the Oak). My Mom lived in the Mohican hotel. We go to Ocean beach every summer on a weekly basis. Chelsea works at the Public Library. And I have seen or know of all the other places on the list.
Thought I would share a bit of my city with you. Now I am going to go back and read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment