Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sarcasm

*267*

Sarcasm has always been my schtick for as long as I have been on this Earth. This is who I have always been. Sometime I use is as a shield when I am uncertain about situations but mostly it is just who I am as a person. It has come to my attention that some people think that sarcastic people will eventually become lonely because everyone will leave their smart ass.

Is this true? Should I change who I am deep down as a person because some people just cant take it?

 My sarcasm never borders on malicious. I could and can be super mean if I put my mind to it. Fred says it something that comes naturally to me. I can cut a bitch right quick and not have to think very hard about it. I have put that part of me away though because I have kids. I never wanted them to hear those types of words come out of my mouth and sent in their direction. I was told by a couple therapists and a shrink that my life growing up was pretty bad and I am very lucky that I am the way that I am.

 I am a nice person. I never let anyone go hungry. I will help you to the point that I do not endanger myself or my family`s well being. I am sweet.  But I can also be cutting. I can be very mean spirited and laugh while doing it. I love to be sarcastic. My whole family was that way growing up. If you could dish it out, you had to take it. The good with the bad.

 You can be honest. Am I supposed to change one integral part of who I am as a person, part of my core personality, because some people cannot take it?

2 comments:

  1. I don't tap dance around people. Not a very good dancer! If people can't take me - then leave me. I am who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use sarcasm quite a bit. For humor, for shaming, for impatience, etc. I use it, but I also know that some people don't respond well to it. If a person is important to me, I will spare them the confusion and uncertainty of trying to figure out "what I meant by that". I don't feel that I change myself, I just temper my words for the right people.

    ReplyDelete