Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow! Snow! Yah! Yah! Yah!


It is gonna snow today and tonight. There were varying reports of how much we were going to get. I think it is going to be just a slushy mess if you ask me, but it snowing really big flakes right now so I could be proven wrong.. It will be staying above freezing until tonight and all day it will waffle between raining and snowing or a mix.

THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WARNING FOR SNOW.WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST SUNDAY. THE
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS.MIDDLESEX & NEW LONDON COUNTIES IN SOUTHERN
CT.

* HAZARD TYPES.SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS.SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES.

* TEMPS.IN THE UPPER 20S TO AROUND 30.

* VISIBILITIES.ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE AT TIMES.

* TIMING.THE SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON & CONTINUE
THROUGH THIS EVENING.TAPERING OFF OVERNIGHT.

* IMPACTS.MODERATE SNOW WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS TRAVEL DURING
THE AFTERNOON & INTO THE NIGHT.
 
See! What the fuck? 1-3 or 4-6? It doesn't matter cause we do not have anyplace to go this weekend. Fred has it off. Chelsea is working right now but she gets off at 4 and hopefully the roads wont be that bad.  I have dogs surrounding me and making barking noises because I am eating bologna sandwich. They want said sandwich and I am refusing their demands. So this is going to be a choppy post...let me eat and come right back............................NomNomNomNom!.........Okay, that`s better.

First real snow of the season and I am in a cooking and cleaning mood. Fred and I put all the canning supplies away and I am thinking today is the day to put all the Christmas crap away. But I have other things in mind. Cleaning the kitchen and baking cookies both days. I have to send a BIG thank you to all the people that helped hubs and I on his unit. Since the Christmas goodies are gone, I was thinking of making like three types of cookies to send off. I have decided on old fashioned peanut butter with the fork prints, chocolate chip with peanuts, and bacon chocolate chip for the third. I found a recipe last night on Nadia G`s FB page. I do not have maple syrup so I will improvise. Blogger is acting really weird today. I think I am going to cut this shit short for today. I will come back tomorrow when I have more ME time to do it.
Hope all is well with you and you are not getting buried in the white stuff.

1 comment: