Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ahhh! September!

*266*

 Ahhhh Choo! My allergies are kicking up again. Fall is coming. I can tell. I will be okay. Once all the leaves are bagged and stashed up in the top yard, I will be right as rain.

Natalie signed up for school on Monday. She starts on September 4, the day after Labor Day. She is going to school in the mornings, not early, so that she can finish quicker then when she was taking them at  night. She just wants to get it done. Her guidance counselor told her that is she stayed the course and got alot done this first semester (Sept-Dec), she could finish by June of next year. So this year and she will be done. YES!

   For some strange reason, I have had some bursts of energy this past week. And it is not knocking me down like it usually does. I wonder if it has to do with my hormones or that my sugars are in balance more now then ever. Or a combo of things. I have been nesting dammit. I haven't been like this since I was a younger Mom. My house was never perfection but I always made sure the living room, kitchen, and the bathrooms were clean for sanitary reasons and when people came over. Always. Plants were always watered, kitchen was basically clean. Now the bedrooms could be another story but you can close the door. Now, I have not moved into my former self and I would NEVER say I was in remission cause that would be a big letdown if I wasn't...I am just enjoying the *manic* of the moment and know that it will not last long.
 Both of the girl`s have man friends and one of them is going to be coming to the house in the second week of September. I am not saying who cause that is her business right now. But yeah, so every day I have been doing something around here. Deep fucking cleaning. My house is no where near perfection and until I get the subfloors replaced and new flooring, it will always smell like dog (it has since we moved it, worse now). So that embarrasses me. But I digress. The dude is coming. Nothing I can do about that.

  I have been having issues with my Meniere`s Disease lately. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. It has always been on the mild side but not anymore. It has slowly been creepying up on me the last 6 months or so. I have done really well for years in controlling it but watching my salt intake. I would have like one attack a year, if that. Now I am dizzy alot. I do not have true vertigo, thank goodness! But the ENT warned me that it would get more intense.
 The kicker for me was I was sitting here at the computer, I heard a loud noise outside, and it triggered me to feel like I was moving when I wasn't. It was a weird feeling that I cannot describe. I stood up and for a second I thought maybe we were having an earthquake (they happen here) but I looked out the side window and saw my neighbor. He was pulling metal patio furniture across the cement patio (scraping). That was the noise and that triggered my *attack*. I had not felt well for days and I thought I was getting sick with a cold or something. I even puked.  I just couldn't shake it off. Then this happened. Afterward, I realized it was a MD attack and I rested and I felt better after a couple hours. You can read all about Meniere`s Disease<----here. So I have an appointment with my ENT in New Haven on the 7th. We will make a bit of a day. Go to Dr, go to Ikea, go to lunch, and the bakery, and Oh..Pick up the man friend from the train!

  I have another bit of news. I knew about this back in May but I did not know for sure until this week. I am going to try to  go back to work. Sometime this week I need to go over to Social Security and inform them that I want to try their program. You can be on disability and go back to work. I discussed it with my boss and I think I can reasonably work 3 hours a day Monday-Thursday. I do not want to over do it. This is me putting a baby toe in the pond of the workforce to see if I can do a small, non stressful part time job. It is a small shop, I will be answering his phones, and doing some work in the shop (prepping stuff). When there is down time, he is going to teach me how to play guitar. I already brought ours over there. He is going to string it and tune it and I will be all set. It is part of my employment. LOL I always wanted to learn, so I am taking the chance. 
 It took awhile to transpire because the city that the shop was in was making him and his partner jump through hoops to open. They finally got the signage okay on Monday. He has to get some work in to build up the money for the business (he is popular around the area with what he does) and I can start work mid-end of September.
I am uber psyched. He knows I am on disability and he told me the job is not stressful on your mind, body or soul. Since I do not need more hours or insurance, that saves them.  I will be able to make enough to replace the money that was lost when Natalie turned 18, and if I only work so many hours, I can collect and work indefinitely. If I find that I could work way more, and make way more, then I will and we will see what happens to SS. I am not going to go down that road right now. If you or someone you know is on Social Security Disability and is thinking they want to go back to work, there are tons of different publications online that will point you in the right direction.


  I am going to a BBQ with old high school friends on the 1st. There will be Mojitos. I just need to make sure that I keep an eye on my carb load, my alcohol consumption and my sugars. I will be a good dooby. My friend does not live in the same town so I will have a bit of a drive home if I start feeling shitty. Oh and do not worry about me. I never drink and drive. Ever. I am a huge stickler about that shit.
The only other thing that I can think of about next month is Sept 1st the Cider Mill opens. And you all know how I love me some apple cider, pumpkin bread, and cider donuts. Oh and they make cider slushies too. Sooooo Gooood!


That is all that is fit to print. Lots of activity around here. I want this house to be as clean as it can for this strange man child that is coming to court our daughter. Fred is ready to scare the shit out of him with his mean face. He has already scared off one dude. One did not like at all!


Now where is my Magic Eraser???

No comments:

Post a Comment