Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!

 Thanksgiving!

Eat till you get sick. Take a nap. Eat till you get sick. Lather, rinse, repeat. I am sitting here taking a break from cooking. I have Classic Rock playing on Pandora and I am just thinking about the past year.  2012 has been so shitty. Really. Deaths, two surgeries, serious lack of money, finding out family has hated me for the past 26 years, and just all the little things. I have been positive but also drag around the negative. I have learned that I can only rely on my small family that I have right here. It makes me sad at that fact. That a door has closed.

I am going to think of things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful:

Fleetwood Mac is on Pandora!
I am healing from my mastoidectomy.
I have the love of my husband.
I have the love of my children.
We have a roof over our heads.
For all of my friends that have shown me more love than any others. I am grateful for that.
 

 Apple pie is cooking in the oven. I have to make the veggie platter, deviled eggs, and string bean casserole. I have potatoes to peel and the chickens to season. Fred is not feeling well today. He still has the cold and is up in bed. So I am gonna push through and cook the dinner. Where are the girls? I am glad you asked. They are still sleeping! Isn't that just wonderful?

I feel that I am being a bit negative today. Let me explain what has gone on. Our neighbor died yesterday from liver cancer. She found out she had it two weeks ago. I found out my other neighbor is leaving her fiance and moving away. I realized that we are the only family members that were not invited and probably not wanted at the family Thanksgiving dinner this year. I lost another person on my blog. I had a tear filled heart to heart talk with Chelsea yesterday. And Rainbow is most definitely moving back to Virginia.  I am just a smidge pissy. Oh, and for the person that left my blog. I was only being nosy last night because I heard about all the hoopla. I wanted to see what the hell everyone was talking about. So don't get your feathers all ruffled. That will be the last time I go reading there.

  Not depressed here, just in a bad mood. I am guessing some good food, good movies, and laughs with the family later will make that all go away.

I hope you are having a great day with your family and friends. My wish for you is tender turkey breast, lots of laughter, and tons of love from your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment