Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Five days till Christmas

*265*

Five more days until the hell on earth is over. hehehe It wasnt so bad as I thought. I was able to get some nice gifts for the girls and Raymond. Fred and I will celebrate in January. It is all good. We have a ham in the fridge defrosting, two new front tires on the Jeep, and on Friday I will order some heating oil...hopefully. If not, I will order on Saturday for Monday. All is right with the world. Or so it seems. The stomach pill seems to be working in some capacity. I do not have constant stomach pain that I have to pack with food. But the pain is still there, just duller. I still have acid reflux, burping and the whole 9s. I am giving it time.

 I remember when I was young, I used to lay on the floor and stare at the Christmas tree lights and dream. We had the big bulb lights back then that you could replace one by one without the whole string shitting the bed. I was growing up in the 70s so there were some Christmas` that were not that great. And now it has come around again. There will be kids out there in the US who will say the same thing when they are grown. They will remember the 2010s as a shitty time to have Christmas. It will either get better, worse or stay the same. We really do not know. I know that this past year has been one of the hardest that I have had to endure financially in a very long time. It was like this back when Fred and I were starting out. We did without. We didnt know any better. Now you have to decide if you are going to get rid of cable tv or not for the fact that it will save money. I am thinking of getting rid of the house phone and just having our cell phones. But I do not want this to be about what I need to do or have to do. I want this to be a nice Christmas, regardless of what we got or didnt got.

I have decided on a dinner menu. Chelsea has not told me what she wants yet.
I have a nice big ham that I am going to score, dot with cloves, and cover in brown sugar. I am going to make potato salad, collard greens, rice pilaf, deviled eggs, a veggie platter with gorgonzola dip, boneless chicken wings with ranch (Natalie`s request). I had miscounted the presents and Natalie has more then Chelsea. It popped in my head that Chelsea wanted some Yellow Tail. So I will get her some red and white wine. I just have to find some wine bottle gift bags.

I am really glad this holiday shit is almost over.

Happy Hanukkah to my friends that celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. You mention often how you make a different food for Chelsea. I think that is awesome! I do not have a vegetarian but I have a really picky eater and I have always made something different I knew he would eat. People used to make comments about what I make is it. This isn't a restaurant. He doesn't have a choice. I am glad to here even with different circumstances You do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete