Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011





*266*

Merry Christmas to all of you that come to my little blog. I appreciate all of you, even the ones that I do not know about.

  I got up at 3am to two things. The sound of the ceiling fan in the dining room being on (it is directly under our bed) and the smell of dog shit. Okay, three things. Ruby must have shit and come back to bed and wanted under the covers. Her digging and re-arranging woke me up. Lights on, tv still on (on pause), shit on the floor, recyclables all over the place. After I tidied up, I am awake. I can nap later. I have stuff to do but I will wait till at least 6am so I do not wake Fred up.

  I am in a non reflective mood this year. It is just another day to me, just better food. This is the first year in my entire life that there is nothing under the tree for me. I am not sad. It is what it is. Certain things take precedence. Lots of people are out there talking about how wonderful it is, their family, their loved ones, blah blah blah. You should say that shit all the time, not just at the end of the year....while you are drunk on egg nog. I am not from a mushy gushy up bringing. Sometimes I wish I was. When I say I love you, I truly do. Just because I do not smoosh the shit out of you 24/7 with my exclamations of that love doesnt mean different. I am what I am. :)

I finished the majority of the prep work for today. I have to get the veggie platter stuff cut up. I have to take the ham out to warm up at bit to the room before I put in oven. I also have to make rice pilaf and devilled eggs. I am so looking forward to the eggs. LOVE THEM! I make them at Christmas and Easter. Fred and I eat them like they are going out of style and then we blow it up for the rest of the day. Gotta carry matches with you when you are around devilled egg eaters.

Can you see I am just blabbing on about nothing? LOL

I will be having my endoscopy on Thursday. I wanted to put that out here just in case I do not come back before then. I definitely wont be back on the computer until Friday after cause my ass will be sleeping off the knock out drops.

So that is about it...right?
Eat some good food, have a great time with your family and friends, and drive safe please!

No comments:

Post a Comment