Thursday, December 8, 2011

Am I a weirdo?

*264*

 I met Fred on or around February 20, 1986. I fell in love with him very soon after that. Next year will be 26 years. I still love the man as much as I did back in the day. I smile when I see him. I get excited when I find out he has an unexpected day off. I think of things to make him happy. I give him my last $1 when he needs it and do not ask for it back. I drive three miles one way to bring him his dinner in the dead of night..Hot dinner!
  I see so many people that are unhappy in their relationships and it makes me sad. What happened to make you forget why you loved that person in the first place? Sometimes it is glaring obvious and you do not blame the loss of love. Other times it is not so. It is just that time has made things stagnant and boring. Same person every single solitary day.  I am sad when I hear or read that.
 I was fortunate to find my soul mate. Yes, I said it. He is my soul mate and you cant change my mind. Why else after all these years are we still so giddy over each other?
Granted, there was a time when life was hard and we were just not digging each other (young kids, both working, hectic life) but we still loved each other. Always and Forever like the song.
I wish everyone could feel the way we feel and have what we have. What a wonderful world that would be.
Everyone in utter love with their significant other. You both do things for each other with no alterior motives. Just pure bliss and love.

I know..Gag me! Right?

Today is the 31st anniversary of John Lennon`s assassination. I thought I would lighten the day with some love.

1 comment:

  1. I Know just what you mean! I love my husband more now than the day I married him! We have our tough times but we get through them. It is nice to hear someone else feels that way. I see to many times when I am out and around town the way spouses talk to each other. You wonder why they are even together. If you love them you respect them. :)

    ReplyDelete