Monday, August 29, 2011

We survived!

*I have no clue*

I want one of those shirts that says I survived Hurricane Irene!

I do not have any pictures. I have a video that I uploaded to Facebook from my phone but it would not let me up load to my gmail. So I cannot show you the wind. I have been bringing all the plants back outside. The grill is still in my diningroom. We still have power (never lost it), cable, internet, and our lives. Our area got most of the wind and not much rain. It did not rain but it was NO where near Noah`s Ark territory. The basement did not even have a wet spot. We have some limbs in the back yard we need to take care of and lots and lots of twigs and leaves.
I stayed up all night during the storm. I could have never slept and I was listening for the sump pump. It never turned on and I watched alot of storm news. I could not take it anymore and went to bed around 830am. Woke up at 430pm. Had some food and we jumped into the Jeep. We surveyed the city and Fred was hopeful that we would find an open Dunkin Donuts. We did not. I picked up two x-larges this morning in my semi Jammy state. Everyone came to New London from surrounding towns because our Fast Food places were open. Fred cooked a good dinner and I passed out shortly thereafter. I still feel like I was dragged behind a truck but that is okay. Tomorrow will be better!

4 comments:

  1. Have you moved the grill back outside yet? :) Glad you had no flooding what a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grill was in the middle of the diningroom! LOL We had to keep it safe so that if we did lose power, we would have something to cook with.
    We did okay. Never lost power. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that dirty ol' Irene didn't give you too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit worried about the Slutty Russian Katia but the weather dudes are thinking she may turn out to sea.
    I will keep watch just in case.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete