Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jam IS the plan Man!

Pretty!
*269*

I think it is time to start making some jam. See that jar in the picture? They sell those at Walmart. I have two of them in my possession but I need to go back and pick up like 4 packages of 4. I want to put my blackberry jam in those. Blackberry jam is special. Blackberries cost a lot of money in the store and they are a pain in the ass to harvest. Special! So they deserve to be in half pint jars so people can get a taste. I put strawberry jam in pint jars because I consider it more utilitarian in breakfast life.
 Just because I think it though, does not make it so. Since my energy is in the crapper, I need to plan out what I am going to do. So I think I will go to Walmart today to get the jars and tomorrow I might have psyched myself up enough to make the jam.
 After I do the blackberry, then I will make the strawberry. I have tons of strawberries, 4 bags of sugar, and oodles of pectin waiting in the wings. I love this time of year. I love making jam.

4 comments:

  1. that sounds delicious I don't cook much seems challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I picked up the jars like those up top. If all goes well, I will make the blackberry tomorrow.
    I love to cook Noelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty jars. I don't ever have to cook because I live with a chef that likes to cook. I am horribly out of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jars are cute! I would like to learn how to do jam someday :)

    ReplyDelete