Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene is a-coming





*270*

I have been busy because of the impending Hurricane but I thought I would leave a quick note. We are going to get a direct hit from Hurricane Irene Sunday morning. By then it will hopefully be a category 1 storm with 75 mph winds. The MOST rain will be on the other side of the state, which we heard this afternoon. There is a possibility our basement will flood but we will take that as it comes. Fred has the weekend off (THANK GOD) so the girls and I will not be without him to weather this storm.
I have been picking up supplies all week even before they were certain how bad.
I was made fun of by some because they thought I was being overly cautious..certainly we cannot be getting a big storm like a Hurricane! Oh yes we are asshat. I have water, no perishable junk food, charcoal to cook outside if electric goes out, ice in the deep freezer, candles, batteries, flash lights, soda, TP, AND Booze. We are going to do some drinking. Yes sir ree Bob!  Hurricane, Mango Margaritas and Chelsea wanted some Yellow Tail.
So that is about it. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to rest up. I have strawberry jam to make now.

1 comment: