Monday, August 15, 2011

It is probably nothing.


*269*<----goodbye 270s

I am tired.
 I have always been tired but this is different. On Saturday night, I went to bed at 11pm. I woke up at 2pm on Sunday. I then laid around all day and went to bed at midnight. It has been progressively getting worse. I have no energy either. I went to the gym with Natalie today and I had to force myself to finish the 10 minutes on the stairclimber.
There is other stuff. About two weeks ago, I noticed a bump on my neck near my ear but it was small and Fred said it was a tiny bit red. Did not hurt or itch but figured it was a bug bite. Two days ago, my hand brushed up in that area and felt a lump. Same area. Just bigger. It is not red. It does not hurt, I cannot tell it is there unless I touch it, it is hard, and it doesn't move. I know what it is. That is a lymph node. I have never had one become palpable before so i was freaking intrigued.
I went and stupidly looked on the Internet. I am not dumb. I do not go to like forums or WebMD. Reputable sites only. Mayo Clinic..stuff with .org.
I found out that if it hurts, it is usually from an infection. If it doesnt, well..that is a problem. I do not have any infections that I know of. I hope I do. I just had my teeth and gums looked at and he did not see infection. If there was any, I would be in a world of hurt anyway.
So I have to back track for a moment. I have been having chest pains on the left side of my upper chest near my shoulder. More of a boob pain. Does not make me think heart at all. It does not happen when I am doing anything. Part of me was thinking it was like stress or nerves. Then the cough started about a month ago. I know that when you are an ex smoker and you develop a cough, that is not good. I do not have a cold, allergies are not kicking me either, so I am bothered by the intermittent cough cough cough that I get.
 Part of the questions about lymph nodes is are you losing weight without even trying. Now, I have been doing the same as I have always done but now it is working. So does that mean I am working it or am I just losing weight as a side effect of something else. I have been cutting down my meals because I get stomach pains.
It is probably nothing.
I called my GP/Endo. I have an appointment on the 26th of this month. He says we will shoot for that appointment. If my symptoms get worse, call the office and they will bring me right in.
It is probably nothing at all. Maybe just an infection.
Just the fact one reputable site said that a swollen node for over 2 weeks needs to be looked at, worries me.

4 comments:

  1. Heidi, I don't like the sound of any of this. Can't he see you this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, they are totally revamping the computer system in the office. I think he would not be able to give me the kind of attention I require if I came in today or even tomorrow. He is a good Dr and a good man. I believe in him when he tells me I can wait. If I get any worse in anything at all, I will call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fortunate to have a good dr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not ignoring the cough or the chest pains at all. I knew I had an physical coming and I would address them then. I never put two and two together until I search about the lymph node. The sweating, the cough, chest pain, the weight loss, and the exhaustion are all symptoms of something I do not want to think about. It could be nothing. But I have had it for almost more then 2 weeks so that alone needs to be addressed. I wake up hoping to touch the area and it is gone..LOL

    ReplyDelete