Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who`s that sessy mama???

Senior Prom 1987
   
This is Fred and I at my Senior Prom. He was 21 and I was 18. Totally 80s! When I said before that I have always been fat, that was a lie. I was not fat in high school. I was really big in Catholic school my final year ( I went there for junior high). I went shopping for school clothes for high school the summer before my Freshman year and I was shocked that I was going to have to wear a size 16 in jeans. There was no way I was going to wear those! (I would kill to wear those now) I was supposed to take the bus to school everyday but I nixed that plan . Instead I walked the two miles to school and the two miles home. Everyday.  If it was really really crappy out, I would take the bus home but I walked that fat off my ass by January of that year. And I kept it off. My friends and I would walk all over the city. We did not have a car so we hoofed it to and fro. I am not going to get into my teenage exploits because there were many. I just wanted to show you that I was not always a lazy lump. I did walk, I did exercise, I could do majorly hard crunches. I had thighs like Popeye. I also had a job at a bank for a short time. My job was to pick up heavy canvas bags of coins, dump them into a hopper, and roll the coins for the bank. I could pick Fred up to his surprise. I know I can do this. I know I can work as hard as I can without hurting myself. I graduated, went to hairdressing school, job, apartment with Fred, and FAT!
    The plan is to walk walk walk outside. My Neurosurgeon told me that walking on the treadmill and actually walking on the pavement or in the mall is totally different on your muscles. He is correct. You are in pain (good pain) when you walk non treadmill. You have hills and slopes. You have weather changes to adjust your body too. Fred and I would walk in July during the heatwave. But we would walk at 8am. It was hot but not blazing. We would walk in January but we made sure we wore layers so as to not freeze our asses off. Then there are my trips to the gym with my Youngest daughter. She is 17 years old and she loves the gym. LOVES IT! We go to a gym that is cheap as hell to be a member. Hubs membership is $10 a month and mine is $20 a month. I bought the better membership so that I could take the kid(s) with me. I am allowed to bring one guest every time I go. That means I HAVE to go. She wants to go, she is dressed, LETS GO! Even as I am pouting, making a boo-boo face, and practically pulling out all my trusty guilt trip tactics..they do not work. She cannot go unless I go. We do the treadmill for 20 minutes. We have been able to do the stair climber for 5 minutes so far. Do not laugh! Our legs aren't strong enough to spend hours on it like other people do. Then we do the circuit. I do not know the names of the machines (except the leg press) but we work our abs, back muscles, gluts, legs, and arms. It is good. We spend some time together and we work our bodies. Because of the feet, the Fibro, and the CFS..I can only do the gym every other day. I tried to do it every day and I paid a heavy price for it. I was in the bed on pain relief for a couple days. She understands this. I am glad. Please excuse the layout of this post. I hit something and it only let me type this way. I guess I could have figured out how to fix it but I was on a typing tangent so I left it alone. Eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment