Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am NOT going to the grocery store.

*282*

I binged a bit yesterday. Fred brought home chocolate cause we were all upset. We do not do drugs, drink, or smoke anymore. What is left? Chocolate. See, I said I was going to be honest about it. No biggie..I will move on.

 Today is the day before Un-Thanksgiving. Just another Thursday in our household. Yup. Paychecks come early this week so I will be off to the bank to do my do in an hour or two. I know I could do all my banking online, and I have a credit union so using the debit card will not cost me anything to purchase or get cash but I like the people. One of them has been hurt very badly in a car accident. Fred just found this out yesterday. I am going to go get her information so that I can send her a card or some flowers. I hope she will get well really quickly. I have a relationship with the tellers in my credit union...and I like that.
 Yesterday I peeled, chopped, washed, and dried a massive amount of collard greens. They filled my water bath canner. Those pots are huge! But greens are like spinach...they shrink down. I have Fred, me, A (her family), and D (and her family) to feed these to. I enjoy it. Next time, if they ask, I am gonna charge. It is not the supplies that cost so much, it is the labor. Now I know why you only got to eat this lovely and fattening vegetable a couple times a year.
   I am also planning on doing some baking today. I have phyllo dough, pie crusts, apples, and canned cherry pie filling. I am going to make a cherry pie (yummy!) and apple turnovers. I do not really like apple turnovers but I thought the family would. They do not want pumpkin pie, or pumpkin cheesecake at all. Nada! So I am just doing this on the fly a bit. I like doing that. You can do anything in baking as long as you follow certain rules. It is science. Certain components have to be specific like flour to baking soda to baking powder to salt ratios. Everything else you can kind of tinker with. I will have fun tinkering with the phylo dough today.
 I am thinking that since it is 8am, I have had my meds and coffee..I am going to get dressed, dress the dogs (LOL they need sweaters in the cold), and take them for a walk around the block. That will give me some exercise and also give them a longer route to enjoy. Natalie is sick so we are not going to the gym. Sore throat and headache. It is going around. Better stay the hell away from me! ROFL
If you are going to the grocery store today, God Bless and Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment