Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary to me...

*283*

  Happy Anniversary to me! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary to me! I did it. I made it one year clean of nicotine. A year ago, I did not think I could do a month much less a whole year. WooHoo to me!
 Today is the day to start a new chapter in my life and I already started off on the wrong foot. Yesterday I felt Craptastic (so did both my kids). The weather here in Old CT has been warm then cold then warm then cold. It cannot make up it`s mind and I think it is partly the reason I feel like crap right now. When you have Fibromyalgia you go through seasonal flare up. One in the early Spring when cold goes to warm and one in the Fall when warm goes to cold. You usually suffer from 1 week to 1 month of the crap. You just feel like shit. You do not want to do anything..at all. Your muscles ache, headaches, stomach, all those weird symptoms we have keep popping up. It is awful. But we know it will pass. Some years are better then others. I am having a bad season. It is because it has not transitioned into Fall yet. It is not cold. I know it sounds weird but I bet all the people with FM right now are shaking their heads in agreement with me.
So I feel like shit. I had said I was going to do something in some form of exercise today and I have..just not what I planned. I walked the dogs around the block and back. Much longer walk then usual. They enjoyed it and I endured it. It was probably a 1/4-1/2 mile at best. I also ran errands for the family. Bank, paid cable bill, and pharmacy..later I have to take Hubs to work (Jeep has to have a minor repair), take kid to roller derby practice if she is up to it, and stay up til 11pm to pick up Hubs from work. I have a fancy life huh? LOL
Last night I made a keeper dinner. I had never made it before but it was so good that it is a keeper. It is called Black Beans and Rice with Kielbasa. But I used dark kidney beans instead and I added a handful of medium cooked shrimp to make it Jambalaya-esque.  I made some Jasmine rice with it. It was very good. I ate about a 1/2 cup of rice and more then that amount in the stew. I did not go back for seconds and I did not use bread to sop. Later on I had some popcorn for a snack. I brought Fred his dinner (i do that because the food in the cafeteria where he works kinda sucks and we get to see each other). He texted me later on to tell me that the dinner was a keeper also.  I want to branch out into some different types of rice. I will need my Oldest`s help on how to cook them. Some are more difficult then what I am used to cooking. The student has surpassed the master in some respects to cooking between the two of us.
Because I feel craptastic, I have no idea what I am going to make for dinner. I am NOT going to buy take out. I remember that there is some Tilapia in the deep freezer but not enough for a meal for multiple people. I could make a fish stew with it. Potatoes, onions, fish, garlic, tomatoes. I need to pick up some fish stock at the store though. That would be easy to make and be good for my body. Yeah. That is a plan.
Tomorrow is another day. Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment