Monday, November 29, 2010

I was a member of Gloria Stevens!

*284*
   Does anyone else of a certain age remember the strip mall Gloria Stevens Exercise places? My sister and I joined it. She lost weight...I did not. Bitch! That place was a waste of money but they did teach me a valuable lesson. It was the lesson of stretching. Make sure you stretch before you exercise. That is all you did at Gloria Stevens. Stretching. And they hooked you up to one of those contraptions that jiggled your fat around with a black belt. Supposedly that was gonna make me svelte..like the chick, Red,  in the picture. I want to say right now that I do NOT want to look like that up there. Okay, maybe in my dreams but to look like that is lots of work, lots of work, and oh yeah..lots of work. And you have to maintain that work or it will go away. I came close to looking like that one summer but then winter came and I had to warm myself up with hot cocoa. LOL

  I did not take a walk yesterday like I had planned. Instead I raked and filled 12 yard waste bags for the curb..full of leaves. The bottom yard is done! WooHoo! And anyone that tries to say that yard work like that is not exercise is just plain mean. I can actually say that the spinal surgery worked for me. I only stopped once. That was to take the dogs inside cause their diva asses were getting cold and bored. (i will introduce you to them at another time). Today is different. Today Natalie and I are going to the gym. I am ready. I am dressed. I have to leave here in about 15 minutes to pick her up so we can go. I am not fucking around no more about this. Even with Christmas coming and all the food and goodies! I am going to show lots of restraint. I am also going to enjoy many of these yummy foods but I will continue the exercise. I must continue it. I want to be able to have dreams that I look like Red up in the picture.
Speaking of red, I have major rootage going on..I think I will color my hair today finally also. I am not ready to let my grays come forth and multiply. I will leave them alone eventually. I am only 41 (42 in January)...I want to have youngish hair still.  Okay, My time is up here. Got to get my sneaks on and move it move it move it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment