Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last day of November 2010

*284*

It is kinda blurry but that is okay. I strung blue Christmas lights on my front porch yesterday and then I had to christen them last night. It isn`t even December yet and I already have the porch lights on. tsk tsk tsk.
November was a major bust with this plan of mine. I need to step it up. No more bullshit. I am going to do it, no matter how hard it is. December is going to be worse to deal with then November and I still have birthdays in January and February. I have lots of chocolate hurdles to jump. This is the worst time of year for many (*waving..especially me*), so I have make an example of the holiday season. Today!
 Every year for the past five years or so, I have made a chocolate confection called a  Peanut Butter Buckeye.  A long ago close friend of mine taught me how to make them. She made them every Christmas, so in turn I started making them every Christmas. I give them out to friends and they love them. They are sooo good they should be illegal. I do not have a problem with buckeyes anymore. I will probably eat one or two out of the entire batch I make. And that will be for making sure they taste okay. They always taste okay..LOL. I just wanted to let you know that when I talk about these little balls of peanut butter goodness, they are not an issue with me. On the other hand, my friend A. makes something that I have become addicted to. It is called the Donut Muffin. It is in the shape of a muffin but tastes like a really good old fashioned donut covered in cinnamon and sugar. Bad A! Bad Bad Bad! ROFL  Just give me like a couple. One for me and one for Natalie. That should be good enough. No platters! LOL
I am laughing because last year, A brought me a HUGE cake stand covered contraption and it was filled up to the top with these donut muffins.  Not teeny tiny donut muffins either. These were as big as my fist.  I was doing better after the surgery but it had only been a month so I could not really do much. I would go out with Fred to the mall on a Monday morning and walk really slow to the stores. I was no match for the big assed tray of donut muffins!  I have to avoid these beauties at any cost. Ok, that does not mean that I do not want like one or two. Do not block me from them completely A. That would be just too cruel.
I also have a dilemma coming up this Friday. A and I and a bunch of her friends are going to the local watering hole to celebrate a new job for one of them. I have probably met one or two of these ladies but not all. So this will be fun for me. There is going to be drinking and chicken wings..lots and lots of chicken wings. How do you avoid all those calories? I do not want to be a total stick in the mud and just eat celery. Maybe if I am extra good all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (like I should be anyway).I can enjoy the wings. They will be like my dinner anyway.
See! I told you. Food bombs exploding all over the fucking place. I am cursed with a low metabolism, big ass that I have to whip into shape, and a life long love of food.  It is only 9:20am right now. I am going to go to the gym with Natalie later today but I want to get some walking in this morning, since it is early. If I wait past 11am, I will not go walk for some reason. It has to be between 8am-10am. I dont know. I am weird..you all will figure that out soon enough.
I will walk and ponder the chicken wing dilemma.....

No comments:

Post a Comment