Sunday, December 29, 2013

Juicy Juice

Apple, Strawberry, and Spinach

*254*

 I broke out the Ninja blender yesterday. It is very intimidating at first but I had to get over that. It is a big piece of kitchen machinery. It revs up like a jet engine. It scared man and beast the first time I turned it on. I made mango margaritas for the first go round.

Mango Margaritas
1 lb bag of frozen mangoes
1 tray of ice cubes
5 oz tequila
3 oz triple sec
2 T of white sugar

Blend baby Blend!
Really fucking good. Oh yeah. I got over the fear of the big machine that has suction cups on the base to keep it tethered to the counter. This morning I made a juice/smoothie. The apples gave it the texture of a smoothie but it was oh so good.
2 apples, 5 strawberries, a handful of baby spinach and a cup of tap water. Whizzzzz! No added sugar needed. It was delicious. I had that will a hard boiled egg for my lunch.
 I am glad that I purchased this machine. Our regular blender was not doing the job that I needed and we could never afford a Vitamix. This is going to give me more healthier options in the coming months. I cannot wait to make nut butters.

 I am on day 3. It is driving me a tad nutty without all those foods I am addicted to but that is ok. I have done this before..I can do it again. Just takes me a couple weeks and I wont feel like eating the wallpaper.
Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment