Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patrick`s Day 2014


*245*

  Happy St Paddy`s Day to you all. I hope you have a luscious meal and don't get too drunk on Car Bombs and Guinness.  I have two flat cut corned beefs in the crock pot. I am partly using this recipe.
 I am using the glaze part where it is put in the oven. In the slow cooker, I have added 2 cups of apple juice, half cup of Bragg`s apple cider vinegar, 1 cup brown sugar, and a few squirts of Dijon mustard. I am also going to make Southern cabbage and roasted potatoes. It is in no way a traditional SPD dinner but it will be good as hell!

 Taxes are done! I used Turbo tax. I was able to do the HSA paperwork on there, it cost me only $25 and we owe $21! That is wayyyy less then what H&R Block told us. I procrastinated that shit for a couple weeks cause I knew I would have to finagle that HSA form (legally) and pay a large amount of money. I just pulled the band-aid and did it. I feel good getting that out of the way.

 I have really been trying to make my life for the better. I have been so complacent lately with the food. I have been walking but I need to step up my game. I added Myfitnesspal back on my phone so that I can be more accountable to myself with my choices that effect my body. I started it again yesterday. I had to adjust the amount of calories, carbs, and sugars. 1500 calories a day is good for me. It is not too much or too little. After I finish this, I am going to change to go on a mile walk around the neighborhood. My headphones died so I will have to listen to nature instead.
 
Keeping up with saying no. I had a couple slip ups but otherwise I am doing well. I actually got some help around the house...unsolicited. You could have knocked me over with a feather. One day at a time!

Have a great start to your week...think warm Spring thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment