Wednesday, March 19, 2014

House of Miniature addiction?



*245*

  I love these little kits. They are from the 1970s-80s. They are not made anymore but so mass produced that you can find unopened kits for sale. I will never pay more than $20 for a kit. If it is super rare, than I guess I do not need to own it. I also bought a Hepplewhite Cellarette and a dumb waiter. I am saving them to use in my Pomeroy dollhouse. These kits will be cherry to build. They will look great in the house. I am actually excited about building again. Those of you that do not build dollhouses for pleasure would have to equate it to buying shoes or having another satisfying hobby. I have been on a hiatus since the banks crashed. I just did not have any extra to use. Geez. I was scared to spend $20 on something cause it could break my meager budget.  Life is not as hard as it was but it is still not easy. I can spend $20 or less here and there for goodies for the hobby that I love but abandoned.

   Last day of Winter today. I have been doing laundry plus puttering. The Man and I took another walk this morning. I want to build my stamina for when it gets warmer out. I want the walking to be an every day routine. If it is raining...I have not decided. I do not have raingear for that. We shall see. I know I will have to get a new pair of sneakers soon. You have to change them out every couple of months so you have stability.

 Gotta go...it is time to start getting dinner started. Tilapia, spanish rice, and asparagus..Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment