Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wish I had a lounge chair and a pool boy

With lots of pock marks from cut out cancers


*265*

   It has cooled off here in the Northeast. It is still humid but it is summer. Not like it used to be. We have not gotten a big rain yet. I am hoping for that to come this week soon. I have not posted cause it was just too damn hot. I was irritated and getting on the verge of kicking somebody. The only real relief was jumping into a cool bath. I laid in there so long that part of me wished I could get one of those inflatable pillows and just sleep in there.
    I started this post yesterday, got distracted, the kid took over the computer and now I sit here to finish it while my coffee is brewing. It is humid today. We had rains last night that really cooled it off but this morning the sun is beating down on the house. The AC in the living room is on it`s last legs so we have to keep the temp at a high of 72 deg F otherwise it freezes up. Oh, and Ruby woke up yesterday covered in welts. None on her face and neck, she could breathe fine. Just everywhere else. I have not figured out what the culprit is. She woke me up with it so something at night happened. Maybe a mosquito or spider bite. Maybe she ate something that she shouldn't have. I have no idea. I dosed her with Benadryl all day and she is fine this morning. I see like two tiny welts on her side. I am going to wait and see if she needs more today. The pills are small so we hid them in cheese for her. I went out in the yard to inspect before I realized it wouldn't have happened out there cause a reaction is kind of instant...but I found a patch of poison ivy that I need to get some spray for. Good thing I found that.It is near where they go to the bathroom and all I need is to get contact off their fur from it.  
 Jesus it is humid. I just went and brought Hubby his coffee and I am sweating from the trek upstairs. I lust after central air conditioning.

  We have been talking about what we are going to do to the house when we secure the loan either in Mid-August or September. We have to paint most definitely on the first floor and that has to be done before the floors are put in. I want a new fridge like yesterday and maybe replace the dishwasher. After that, we will take our time deciding and hunting bargains and sales. I just want to get the floors done and some newer living room furniture so I can be happy when I open the front door.
This post is now not really going anywhere.. It is hot, the dog is fine, I am just doing what I do, not exercising cause it is hot as fuck, and we are happy.
I guess being happy and positive is the best you can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment