Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I need tires again

*222*


    It is a gloomy and rainy day. It is reminding me that I have to buy two new tires before the end of the month. Jeepo is rear wheel drive, back tires are horrendous, and I need the bitty balanced. Every year, it is no fail. Two new tires and she is good to go. Why the rain reminds me is cause her ass squeals and we dont want that when the snow starts to fall.  I also need to buy a roof rake...

   It has been almost two weeks since the transplant. I found a group with a message board that is very very informative about MC. I have learned that I was right back a couple years ago. I am back with the notion of fighting the battle of Mast Cell Activation Disorder (MCAD). I also learned that I am probably chronically deficient in Magnesium but the pills I take will not help me. I have to make a spray to rub on my skin. Applying it transdermally is the way to go. I am looking into it. There are more foods I have to avoid. In addition to the LCHF way of eating, I have to give up dairy. I have to temporarily give up eggs and raw veggies. They are too harsh on my colon right now. I ate a bit of coleslaw on Sunday...it was soooo gooood.. I paid the piper for that. Two days sick. Yesterday I actually thought the cdiff was back. That is how bad I felt. Today is much better. I am not 100% so I will be very careful with what I eat. I will fill up with some BPC and make zoodles for dinner with meat sauce. That actually sounds really good.

    So yeah. Eating has been a bit of a luxury lately. I am not saying I am starving because I gravitate towards things that will fill me up but there isnt alot I can eat that doesnt hurt me. Yesterday I lucked out because the local Spanish grocery store had freshly cooked chicharrone in their deli/meal case. 8 big pieces for $5. I shared a couple but that fat and meat satiated me and my gut was okay.  Supposedly I can eat proteins, fats, and well cooked veggies. Well cooked. This is so the colon doesnt have to do alot of work digesting. This is why the tasty tasty cole slaw that the Man made is a no go for me. I have to wait till I go into a sort of remission. That could take a year! I will probably get knocked over in a strong wind by that time.

    Thanksgiving menu is slowly taking shape. There are going to be things me and the Man cannot eat. But that is okay. We all should get stuff we like. We are gonna do cauliflower mac and cheese (maybe) cauliflower mash, mashed potatoes, small batch of oil based potato salad, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, and spicy roasted carrots. I will make corn bread and I will make a sweet potato pie. That looks like a good menu so far. I have to figure out a low carb dessert option or we will definitely cheat and eat the pie. We decided we would cheat on Christmas day. Of course we are human and Halloween candy has been consumed this past month. I try really hard not to feel guilty. I am not perfect. I have to retrain myself of a lifetime of eating a certain way. We have done so well so far. The holidays are just so effin hard!

  Today I am going to tackle the laundry and cook. I think that is as much as I can accomplish with this gut. The pups want to go out and I need to get dressed.
This is not a fun filled post but I figured I would do it cause that is what I have said I will do!

Have a good week. Eat some bread for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment