Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Healthy Potato Chips

*245*

  Yesterday I went to the food co-op to pick up my supply of kosher salt ($1 lb) and a few things here and there that are cheaper when you buy in bulk. I found something in the produce aisle that I HAD to have. It is called the Joie Healthy Microwave Chip Maker. It cost $2 less then on Amazon so I lucked out there. I took pics to show you so that maybe you would be interested too.

This is the whole shebang. You have a bowl, a mandolin top, and a guard to hold the potato. 

This is the part that you put the potato slices on to go in the microwave. 

 It is hard at first but using the guard is important. You dont want to slice your fingertips. That is not good for tasty chips. 

I sliced 23 chips for the rack. That is how many slots there are. I seasoned these super thin chips with salt, black pepper, and onion powder. 

They kind of touched each other in spots. There was nothing in the instructions about salting the water out of the potatoes. I will try that next time. The instructions said to microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. I did it for 4 minutes.

This is how they turned out. Cooked too long at 4 minutes. I will try 3 today. They did taste good. They were crispy, seasoned, and not greasy. I could do this for a snack for me and the man. I used Yukon Gold potato for this try. I will see if I can do it with sweet potatoes without cutting myself.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment