Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

Happy Easter from me to you!


*250*<---yeah,  I am okay with the 5lb gain for now. Stress eating

   I got a ham cooking in the oven Martha Stewart style. This is her Pork show on Martha Stewart cooking school. Of course they do not show the whole show. But if you can find it, she shows the whole way that she cooks a ham from start to finish. I am going to glaze my ham with the ruby red grapefruit jam that I have made. A suggestion from a friend. The ham has been cooking for almost two hours. After that, it will cool. I will score it, dot it with cloves, and glaze it. That will cook for about an hour. I have potato salad done. I have to make mac and cheese, deviled eggs, garlic green beans, roasted asparagus, and rolls.  I made cupcakes for dessert.

 I started this on Sunday but got distracted with the cooking and eating. So here I am, two days later to finish this bitch. It is more Spring like here in CT and all the bulbs are coming up. It is good. I put almost all the houseplants out. I have a Mother in Laws tongue that has to be repotted so that one will stay inside for now. Someone gave it to me in a sad state two years ago. It has over grown the pot and wants to be a floor plant now. I also have a couple rooted cuttings (spider plant and philodendron) that have to be potted also. One thing at a time.

 I did see that new neurologist last week. I liked him and his office. I have good news and bad news. I have been quietly dealing with electric shock feelings in my hands and sometimes my feet. I have been fumbled fingered and I drop shit on a regular basis. I will have numbness and tingling of feet and hands while awake or in bed. It does not happen every day though. I was thinking that I finally had Diabetic neuropathy. They did a  nerve conductive study on my arms and legs. He came back to tell me that my nerves are perfect. There is nothing wrong with them and that they are like the nerves of a non diabetic. This is excellent news. Very very good. Then he says the same thing my GP said...I think it is your neck. They wanted to do a MRI right there in the office but because of my insurance, I have to wait to do it in the hospital. That is for next Tuesday. My neck. It could be so many things. I do not want to speculate. So yeah....what the fuck is wrong with me? Why do I keep getting these catastrophic ailments?
 I have been taking Advil. It actually seems to help with the pain at the base of my neck and head. Plus I do not have any tingling so maybe it has to do with inflammation of some sort. I will let you know. All I know is if I can avoid surgery, I will.

 Hubs started working first shift today. I am making a special dinner for it. It came out of Eating Well Mag (freebie), May/June issue. And it is a quick chicken braciole. I have a sauce going on the stove now. I will substitute using bacon instead of proscuitto and spinach instead of swiss chard. I have penne pasta to make with it. Hopefully there will be enough left over to take to work tomorrow.

That is about it. I am taking it easy but trying not to completely slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment